Office of the Municipal Treasurer
Mandate: Perform the duties provided for under Book II of the Local Government Code of 1991, and shall:
- Advise the Mayor, as the case may be, the Sanggunian, and the Local Government and National Officials concerned regarding disposition of Local Government Funds and, or such other matters relative to public finance (Sec. 470(d)(1), LGC) including amendments of local tax ordinances, identification of fiscal modalities, development of investment opportunities, and other;
- Take custody and exercise proper management of funds of Local Government Unit concerned (Sec. 470(d)(a) (2), LGC) including effective cash flow forecasting, analysis of liquidity position and management for surplus cash positions;
- Take charge of the disbursement of all Local Government Funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority (Sec. 470(d)(3), LGC) to ensure an effective and efficient management of expenditures and disbursement levels;
- Inspect private commercial and industrial managements within the jurisdiction of the Local Government Unit concerned in the relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of the Local Government Code of 1991, (Sec. 470(d)(4), LGC);
- Maintain and update the tax information system of Local Government Unit; (Sec. 470(d) (5), LGC)
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinances (Sec. 470 (e), LGC)
Vision: A progressive agri-industrial and Commercial Center in the region with God-loving, resilient and empowered Nabueños, Living in a safe, functional and ecologically-balanced environment under a vibrant and sustainable economy with business friendly, efficient and transparent and accountable governance.
Mission: To generate revenues thru efficient collection of taxes, fees and charges accruing the Local Government in accordance with existing Laws and Ordinance, and to take custody and exercise proper management of funds of the municipality in order to sustain and maintain the financial needs of the municipality and its development as well as being less dependent om Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) for its operations and Sustainable.